The swimming school of Toucan Sportsclub is in Eindhoven and surroundings a true concept. Many mums and dads and subsequent children have achieved the A, B or C swimming certificate through this swimming school!
Children from 4 years and older can start swimming lessons at Toucan Sportsclub. The lessons are given from Monday - Thursday. For the enrolment of swimming lessons you should take into account a waiting period of 10 - 12 months.
Our swimming method
At Toucan Sportsclub we work with a '4 step method'. Each step is concluded with a splash diploma for the children. You can find the steps below:
- Jumping into the water
- Floating on the belly and back
- Staying under water for a few seconds
- Blowing bubbles under water
- Make a nice leg stroke, both on the belly and on the back
- Breaststroke breast crawl
*These steps are all done with straps and a cork as a floating device.
- Pushing off from the shore and floating on your back for 10 seconds
- Floating on your belly and blowing bubbles
- Entering the water with a headlong jump and then swimming through a hoop
- 30 metres breaststroke
- 30 metres backstroke
- The leg stroke of the breast and back crawl
- 15 seconds of water pedalling with a turn around the longitudinal axis
- Watching under water
*These steps are all carried out using a cork as a means of flotation device
- Turn to your back and float for 10 seconds
- Turn to belly and float out for 10 seconds with the face in the water
- Tilting: 5 seconds floating on the back, tilting towards the stomach, 5 seconds floating on the back (face in the water), tilting towards the back and 5 seconds floating on the back
Entering the water:
- Straight jump and go completely underwater
- Drop backwards from the shore into the water
- Headlong jump
*These steps are all performed without flotation devices
- With a foot jump into the water, followed by: 30 metres breaststroke and 30 metres single backstroke
- Swimming through the hole with a head start
- 5 metres breaststroke and 5 metres backstroke
- Swimming 30 metres with a T-shirt on
- 30 seconds of water pedalling
- Picking up a ring from 1 metre depth
- 1 minute of water steps
*These steps are all performed without floating devices.
After 'step 4' the children start practising for swimming certificate A.
Only swimming lessons that have been cancelled in time can be made up. This can be done on Mondays.
|Monday||17:30 - 18:00 hours|
During most school holidays there are no swimming lessons. Toucan Sportsclub follows the dates advised by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
NEW - private swimming lessons
Would you like your child to have private swimming lessons? That is possible. The lesson times are determined in consultation with you.
Rates private swimming lessons
30 minutes - 1 child - €35,-
30 minutes - 2 children - €50,-
Package with 11 lessons - 1 child - €350,-
Package with 11 lessons - 2 children - €500,-
Terms and conditions:
- Payment: Per month in advance
- Package: Pay the whole package in advance
- Cancelling a lesson is free of charge if done at least 24 hours before the lesson starts.
- No show or cancelled less than 24 hours in advance: 50% will be charged